Sunday, October 29, 2006

Things that Annoy me about Blogging

1. That the blogger templates are so fricking boring and ugly.
2. That I am too cheap to pay someone to make mine pretty.
3. That I am also too lazy to figure out something pretty on my own.
4. That I can't figure out how to do strike-thru, no matter how many times I google it or use Blogger Help.
5. That strike-thru font really means that much to me.
6. That some of you comment on my posts via blogger commenting, instead of Haloscan, so I miss them, until I notice later when I'm editing, that those comments are there. (How do you do that?)
7. That Bloglines seems to lose feeds of mine capriciously, causing me to miss weeks of posts before realizing what's going on.
8. That I am so dependant on Bloglines that I forget to click on the homepage of new commenters, thereby depriving myself of awesome new blogs to read.
9. When someone I "know" stops coming by or commenting, for no apparent reason. (And by "know" I mean someone who has been commenting here for awhile and on whose blog I regularly comment.)
10. That I don't know what to do when #9 happens. (Should I stop visiting their blog? Should I email them and ask what I did to offend? Should I pretend it doesn't bother me at all because I am just that secure in my own skin?)


Oh, there are more. Infinitely more things that annoy me about blogging. And yet, here I sit, 9:30pm on a Saturday night, blogging. It appears I need an intervention.


Update: What? You mean bloggers have other things going on, besides commenting on my posts? Sacrilege!

Also: if you are leaving a comment here, I guarantee I am not talking about you. The few people I am speaking of haven't left a comment in months.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Yeah.
2. Ditto.
3. Ditto.
4. Typepad has strikethrough!
5. Typepad has strikethrough on a button!
6. Where's the link to comment via Haloscan? See? I am too stupid to comment on this blog.
7. I use Google Reader, which has its own problems.
8. I go the other way and add everyone to Google Reader and then have so many damned feeds to read that I don't read any of them.
9. Yeah.
10. Pretend it doesn't bother you while secretly tormenting yourself over it, is how I'd go...

Anonymous said...

1. Miss Zoot has some nice blogger templates that are free.

4. I was going to explain how to do a strike-through, but I got an error message that the tag is not accepted. Stupid Blogger. Basically you put <, the word strike, and > before the word, and <, /, the word strike, and > after the word.

9. In the year I've been blogging, I have agonized about this several times. But now that I have taken the Blogging Declaration of Independence, I have vowed to no longer worry about it. The blogosphere has a fluidity to it that we can't control. People come in, they go out, that's just the way it is.

Anonymous said...

Already I suck b/c I don't know how to comment thru Haloscan. I also suck because, I am this season's lamest commenter, across the board.

Oh, and, ditto kathyr: Typead has strikethrough. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.

Cristina said...

I'm trying to stop worrying about the comments thing too, but it's hard. I think that what Elizabeth said is true - the blogosphere is so fluid that people come and go from blogs a lot and we just have to go with the flow and not worry. It can be disconcerting, but most of the time I don't think it's anything personal. At least, that's what I tell myself!

Anonymous said...

catchy publicize fides lean custom diploma hardest footing cardiology amanda thereof
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

по моему мнению: мне понравилось... а82ч

Fatmana Argun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.