Thursday, September 29, 2005

Inspired

Gah. Those kids have kept me so busy this week I've barely had a chance to blog. Blogging is a bit habit-forming, for me, and also un-habit-forming, so that if I don't blog for a day or two, then I suddenly I have to search for things to blog about and before you know it, it's been a week and I've barely said anything.

This morning I finally have a few minutes to myself and so I decided to get down to business. Except all the posts I have brewing about in my brain just don't feel like working their way down to my fingers on the keyboard. Instead I start reading other people. And find this.

Heather, as you may remember, was my college roommate. We are very good "in real life" friends, although we live 3000 miles apart*. However, I had no idea that she struggled so much with her weight. (She always looks fabulous, by the way). Her post is beautifully written and powerful, so here I am, pointing it out to the rest of you.

I'm aware that this is not the same as writing my own post. Though after reading her blog, those unwritten posts of mine do seem closer to the surface.



*Also, I must add here: I am such a telephone moron that we don't talk nearly so much as we should.

No comments: