Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Remember me?

Well, this has been a really long break from blogging for me, especially considering the last post wasn't really a post but just a plea for help. (I am still pleading, too; if you haven't read Mieke's posts about Adelaide yet, do it now. That sweet beautiful girl and her parents need our help.)

Isaac has been sick--as sick as he's ever been, if you don't count the surgery last year--since Sunday. The doctor doesn't think it's the flu, but he's had a high fever (around 102) since Sunday and it's only a little better today. He's on antibiotics now so hopefully by the weekend he'll be back to his old self. In the meantime, though, there has been much crying and whining and mama-worry combined with no sleep, which has kept me quite busy.

Also--and truth be told, this is the REAL reason I haven't been around--my computer has been fucking with me all week. First the mouse stopped working, then the keyboard, then both, then they worked again briefly and now they seem to be finally dead. I am currently using some old gadgets we found in the garage until I can get a new set. ( I know, it is not difficult to go to Staples and buy new ones, but. Isaac's sick, and I'm tired and Vivian is terribly two and it just hasn't happened yet.) These old computer bits don't work very well either, so this post is going to be pretty lame. I can already feel the carpal tunnel syndrome starting, and I'm not even pregnant!

I have been reading your blogs, for the most part: that I can do without the use of the keyboard, although I am unable to leave comments, which really sucks. It feels so strange to read something, and want to jump into the discussion but be unable to, and have to slink away with my head down. Perhaps this afternoon I'll be able to catch up, but truly, this keyboard sucks ass and I don't know if I have it in me. I know you are all dying to hear what I have to say--I'm surprised you've been able to continue on without my input, really.

Okay, so that's all I've got for you, except to say that Isaac is possibly the cutest three year old in all of the land, even when he's pouring snot and burning up. Such a cuddly, sweet, sedate little boy when he feels like crap, and I'm eating it up.

Be back soon.

1 comment:

Fatmana Argun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.