Friday, April 07, 2006

Sweet Adelaide

Do you read Mieke's blog? If you do, by now you've already heard the Adelaide story and donated (right? right?), so you can move on to the next blog in your bloglines queue. If you don't, let me explain.

A friend of Mieke's had a baby girl, named Adelaide, about 6 months ago. A few months later, she was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis.

Now Mieke is walking the Great Strides walk in an effort to find a cure for the disease. She needs all of our help. Please donate what you can; every bit helps!

Here's the link.


(I'm probably going to leave this up for a while, to make sure everyone has a chance to read it, and fork over some cash.)


------- -------------- ------------------- ----------------- -------------- -------------- -

But, since a couple of you asked, let me just update the story from my last post.

Aunt Sheila remarried a wonderful man about a year ago. I have only met George once, so I'll just tell you what I've heard via my mother. Sheila does not kow-tow to George the way she did with Michael, not at all. They seem to have a very different, but so far equally as happy, relationship.

The older daughter, Zane, who is 35 now, divorced her first husband not long after her father died. She recently remarried and had a baby boy, whom she named Michael. The younger daughter, Anderson, is probably 33. She married about 10 years ago, and has two small school-age children.

I don't know anything first-hand about either of their marriages, but based on what I know of their personalities, and gossip from my mother, my guess is that Zane has a marriage that would be very recognizable to you and me, whereas Anderson's mimics much more closely the one her parents had.

1 comment:

Fatmana Argun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.