Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Yesterday I bought a cow*

Well, not really. But I bought a huge box of frozen steaks. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but it seemed like a good deal to me. Though I'm not big on red meat, so I don't really know pricing very well. (I know, I know, if you're not big on red meat, why buy a whole box of steaks? But this way, I always have something for dinner, even when I can't get to the market.)

Here's what I got, tell me what you think:

5 New York Strip Steaks (12 oz)
8 New York Strip Steaks (7 oz)
8 Bacon-wrapped Filet Mignons (6 oz )
9 Chicago Style Pepper Sirloins (5 oz )
8 Center Cut Sirloin Steaks (4 oz)
24 Hamburger patties (4 oz)

Cost: $167.50



{And yes, there is a whole 'nother post coming about why I can now afford a box of frozen steaks when a few weeks ago we didn't have money for diapers.}


*Can you still buy a cow? I remember when I was about 10, my parents bought one--probably just because they wanted to fill the new freezer we had gotten in the basement. And we thought it was great. Until about 6 months later, when a storm knocked out the power for 3 days, and we had to throw it all away.

No comments: