Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The two caged birds, they are a' singing (and laughing, and throwing things)

The other morning I accidently discovered my own personal "mother's little helper". I was getting the screaming banshees up for the day. After I changed Viv's diaper, I headed to Isaac's crib, Vivian on my hip. When I leaned over so she could give him a kiss, he asked "Vivi go in Isaac's bed?". We'd never done that before but there didn't seem to be any reason to deny the request. So I obliged:


Posted by Hello

This turned out to be more fun than ice cream for breakfast. Better than pushing the buttons on a working cell-phone. More exciting than eating the play-doh from your brother's toy box.

Oh, you should have heard the giggles. They threw all the blankets out of the crib. They threw the bears at each other. They bounced up and down. I'm not sure what else went on, because guess what I did?

That's right. Left them in there to play happily and had a nice breakfast all by myself.

It was almost 30 minutes before they got bored. Who knew the crib could be such a great toy?

I'm going to try it again after naps today. Wish me luck!

No comments: