Wednesday, November 02, 2005

If you are a new reader, please forgive the following incredibly boring post. Usually I am laugh-out-loud funny, compelling, and fascinating to boot.

Dinner Tonight.

Offered*: Pears, grapes, steamed green beans, cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet potato, carrot sticks with hummus, whole grain pita chips, french fries from freezer, chicken "no nitrate added" hot dog.**

Thrown on the floor, Vivian: Grapes, green beans, 3 cherry tomatoes***, sweet potato, carrot sticks, several whole grain pita chips.
Consumed, Vivian: 3 pieces of pear, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 bites of whole grain chips, 8 french fries, one entire hot dog, 1/4 cup ketchup.

Dropped to the floor, Isaac: green beans, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, whole grain pita chips.
Consumed, Isaac: Pears, grapes, 2 cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet potato, 1 carrot stick with hummus, 10 french fries, 1 entire hot dog, 1/2 cup ketchup.

*I do not always offer such an array of choices--it was clean out the refridgerater night.

** I do not always use these healthy hot dogs because I don't like going to more than one grocery store, and Whole Foods is the only place that carries them. But since I had them tonight, I wanted to mention it. You know, to get credit.

***there were also cherry tomatoes stuck to her bottom and on her socks.


I probably should just not offer the french fries so they are hungry enough to eat the healthier stuff. But it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, they are both clamoring for milk 10 minutes after dinner. (Which, of course, I give them. I mean, at least that's healthy. But I don't think it is supposed to be the source of all their nutrition for the day. And for Vivian, at least, it is.)


(What did I have for dinner? Pita chips with store-bought tzatziki, 2 beers, 2 cookies.)

No comments: