Thursday, March 10, 2005

Periscope

dooce wrote a post awhile back about how Jon taught Leta how to sit up, which was really cute, until Leta refused to nap because every time Heather laid her down, she would sit up and peer out over her crib like a periscope. Here, let me try to link it for you.

What does that have to do with anything? Well, nothing really, but I thought of it today.

At naptime today, I was happily blogging away until I heard Vivian start to murmur and fuss. She wasn't being particularly loud, so I thought I'd just wait awhile and maybe she'd fall back asleep. (I know, wishful thinking, but you gotta have a dream, right?) Twenty minutes later she was still talking in there, and getting louder by the minute. I didn't want to risk her waking up Isaac, so headed in to retrieve her.

And what do I see when I open the door? Vivian's head and torso peeking above the crib rails, her arms waving in the air gleefully, her smile bigger than ever, and if I could understand her babbles I'm sure she was saying, "Hey, Mom! Look! Look at me! Aren't I the smartest baby around?"

Yes, you are. And the cutest, too.

No comments: